Sunday, May 27, 2007

New Beginnings

May all my beginnings be with You
As with this new page
Let my first words be about You.

You wove me together
In the secret place
of my mother’s womb.
I began with You
Before I was introduced to this world

My first memories
Are of stories told about You
While my mother nursed me.

As I toddled my way into childhood
You looked upon my antics
With benevolent adoring father’s eyes.

My struggle into adolescence
You strengthened me anew
With You taking on the persona
Of my confidante, my benefactor
My Best Friend.

With many a misstep and pitfalls
I have now stepped
Into the youth of my life
You reveal Yourself
Your true form.

You have always been,
Will Always be
More than I can comprehend.
You are all and more
You are my God.

A new chapter
A new nuance
In the relationship You have built with me.
Slowly revealing Yourself
For You know
I am but a mere mortal
Too abstract to discern
The Alpha and Omega of You.


Just a little while,
My youth will pass
And I will travel
The way of my forefathers
But one thing I am certain
You will be with me
Guiding me thro’ it all
May all my beginnings be with You.

0 comments: