Saturday, July 7, 2007

Moment of Truth


I read this article in Yahoo News today of "substantial" amount of money falling from the sky in Worms in Berlin. A young woman was driving down the motorway, I am sure preoccupied with thoughts on day's cares, when suddenly she noticed Euros swirling around her car. She stopped her car, tried unsuccessfully to catch all the flying Euros, and went to the Police Station to report the incident. When she led them back to the scene only to find the others had vanished into thin air.It made me wonder,the person in the story was ethical enough to handover the money but obviously the motorists who came after her did not share the same sentiment, hence the vanishing Euros.My question is this. If you were in the woman's shoes what would you have done?. Me?, I am glad it was not me making the choice!.

for full coverage on this story, check out the below link

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070705/od_nm/germany_money_dc;_ylt=Ah8.O0hJrd.LDHmRXwZzUFcZ.3QA

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am afraid i might be a bit greedy, i will inform the police about it raining money but not handover the Euros that i picked up, I do apologise if I sound blasphemous, but i would look at it like manna from heaven(especially considering my current financial health)

Anonymous said...

I believe everything happens for a reason. Money falling from the sky, is a gift. I also would ask who lost the money, to do the right thing, remember, for every right we are rewarded. key2god.com

Labor of Love said...

As per the article, the police were trying to figure out where the money came from.. It is a mystery at present!!.... this gives me an idea for a new post and new question!!:)...does the source of the money matter to our decision?